Mask – How to make one at home
We will be clearly explaining how you can make a mask during these difficult and unprecedented times at the ease of sitting at your home.
Why Do We Need To Make A Home Mask?
Firstly we will tell you exactly why you need a mask in today’s time:
- It helps protect us being exposed to air droplets, protecting us from harmful bacteria/virus in the air.
- If somebody is suffering from an airborne disease,wearing a masks helps in preventing others from contracting the same.
- There has been a huge shortage for N95 masks for professionals in the health sector
- The doctors/nurses being in constant proximity to patients need these advanced masks more than us.
- Therefore it is extremely important that we do our bit and create ones for ourselves.
How Can We Create a Mask?
What you need?
- A cotton fabric (35 x 20 cm)
- An elastic band (17 cm)
- A sewing machine
- A cloth iron
- That’s It!!
How to Make one?
- Take the cotton fabric and fold it into half.
- Now, sew 4 cm of the top and bottom area of the cloth from the open side.
- Now you have two sealed sides and two open sides.
- Iron the same once.
- In the open side, place the elastic bands and fix them with the help of clippers.
- Now, you can sew these sides so that the cloth is sealed from all 4 sides.
- Now, you have to take your masterpiece inside out, so that the bands are free from both the sides.
- You can now fold the mask with 2/3 layers as per your convenience and iron the same to get the desired product.
- Voila!! It’s ready!!
We have attached a video of the same (credits : Innova Crafts)
So ,Guys we hope we were of use to you guys!!
Please let us know if we can help us out in any other way.
We have more more posts regarding COVID-19 like which masks to wear,which hand sanitizers are the best in the current times.
Check out our other posts.